|“||Gob's gaping gabber leaves gandering groups gobsmacked. An unassuming figure at first blush, a withdrawn Gob might not even appear as a Monster to the untrained eye. But keener onlookers may note the subtle wiggle of its frill before suddenly, it happens: The Aperture Overture! Gob opens wide to release a moving melody that resonates from deep within its internal organs themselves...pipes, pedals, and all.||”|
While idle, Gob appears to be a bland grey ball atop some monotone leaves on which it uses to prop itself up. However, once Gob begins playing, it opens its mouth. When opened, the “head” of the Monster splits open to reveal crimson red gums and some dull white, hippo-like, teeth. Light of varying colour is also seen coming out of Gob’s mouth while playing. While muted, Gob drools out of its “mouth”.
Instrument: Pipe Organ
Gob's contribution to the island's song is that it opens its mouth to make a pleasant pipe organ sound.
Note that breeding a double element Light elemental is not a guaranteed success, as with all other Fire/Magical double elementals.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (ter has a increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Gob:
- Blow't (requires level 9)
- Fossil-osaurus (level 17)
- Ambered Thing (level 22)
- Mountain Morsel (level 10) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Gob is used in the following breeding combinations:|
To see how efficient Gob is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
Gob is a slang for mouth. it can also mean a lump or clot of a slimy or viscous substance. Its name may also come from gobstoppers, otherwise known as jawbreakers, which are a spherical hard candy. Its overall shape is also similar to that of a goblet (a drinking glass with a foot and a stem).
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Gob, see Monster Names.
- Gob is one of the few monsters to have no eyes at all, excluding Rare, Epic, and Prismatic Monsters. The others are Potbelly, Brump, Rooba, and Maw.
- However, whether Rooba has eyes or not is debatable.
- Gob is the second monster to be released to have the Light element and was the first hybrid to have the Light element.
- This is the second monster to start with the letters GOB. The first was the Gobbleygourd.
- It can be seen underneath the logo on the Version 3.0.1 loading screen.
- It shares many characteristics with Maw.
- Both of their names are slang for "mouth".
- They both have 3 letter names.
- They both lack eyes.
- They don't have any discernible limbs (however Gob having limbs or nor is debatable.)
- They both are double elementals.
- The other Light Island monsters excluding quad element light monsters can also be seen.
- Gob is the 4th monster to have 3 letters name, the others being Maw, Sox and Sol.
- Along with Poewk and Vhamp, it is one of the very few monsters to play the organ.
- Gob was released on October 7, 2020.
- That was the same day Tiawa was released.
- Although hard to see, it's mouth outline is visible in its singing animations, and invisible in its idle.
- Gob is one of the only monsters to have a spectrum of colors shown while singing, the others being Flouress and Blow't.
- As shown by Fiddlement’s teaser, Gob represents the color red. Probably because of the inside of its mouth.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element