|“||Gob's gaping gabber leaves gandering groups gobsmacked. An unassuming figure at first blush, a withdrawn Gob might not even appear as a Monster to the untrained eye. But keener onlookers may note the subtle wiggle of its frill before suddenly, it happens: The Aperture Overture! Gob opens wide to release a moving melody that resonates from deep within its internal organs themselves...pipes, pedals, and all.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Gob is a double-element Magical Monster exclusive to Light Island. It was added on October 7th, 2020 during Version 3.0.1. It is best obtained by breeding Potbelly and Fluoress. By default, its breeding time is 9 hours long. As a Double Elemental, Gob does not have a high coin production.
Instrument: Pipe Organ
VST: Kontakt 6 Factory
Gob's contribution to the island's song is that it opens its mouth to make a pipe organ sound.
Note that breeding a double element Light elemental is not a guaranteed success, as with all other Fire/Magical double elementals.
Gob can also be bred in a breeding failures. Some combinations that result in a Gob in a breeding failure include:
- + Gob and Blow't
(Good choice, very small chance of getting Blow't)
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Gob:
- Blow't (requires level 9)
- Fossil-osaurus (level 17)
- Ambered Thing (level 22)
- Mountain Morsel (level 10) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Gob is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Vessel can be used to "dispose of" Gob eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Vessels; active ones do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Monsters to which you have already disposed the number of Gob eggs that it accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Gob, see Monster Names.
- Gob’s name is from the word Gob, which is a slang for mouth. it can also mean a lump or clot of a slimy or viscous substance. Its name may also come from gobstoppers, otherwise known as jawbreakers, which are a spherical hard candy. Its overall shape is also similar to that of a goblet (a drinking glass with a foot and a stem).
- Gob is one of the few monsters to have no eyes at all, excluding Rare, Epic, and Prismatic Monsters. The others are Potbelly, Brump, Rooba, and Maw.
- However, whether Rooba has eyes or not is debatable.
- Gob is the second monster to be released to have the Light element and was the first hybrid to have the Light element.
- It can be seen underneath the logo on the Version 3.0.1 loading screen.
- It shares many characteristics with Maw: Both of their names are slang for "mouth", have three letter names, lack eyes and arms, and are double elementals.
- Gob is the 4th monster to have 3 letters name, the others being Maw, Sox and Sol.
- Along with Poewk and Vhamp, it is one of the very few monsters to play the organ.
- Gob was released on the same day as Tiawa was in Dawn of Fire.
- Its mouth outline is visible in its singing animations, and invisible in its idle.
- Gob is one of the only monsters to have a spectrum of colors shown while singing, the others being Fluoress and Blow't.
- As shown by Fiddlement’s teaser, Gob represents the color red.
- According to a twitter post on February 11th, 2022, Gob has a bite force stronger than that of any animal or monster in the Human and Monster Worlds.
- When their mouths are closed, Gob and its Rare counterpart are the only Monsters in the entire series to be completely grayscale.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element