|“||A Glowl would seemingly make an excellent spy, soaring high above its flightless companions, but its fire-bright tail feathers make it easy to spot. Nevertheless, this monster maintains a bird's eye view of the world below and is always up-to-date on the latest happenings.||”|
The Glowl monster has bird-like talons; its feet are shaped like a bird's, and colored yellow. Its body mostly resembles an eagle, but its wings are colored yellow, orange, red, and light pink, giving a fiery effect. It has 3 tails, each tipped with a pinion feather that looks like a burning flame. It slightly resembles the mythological creature known as the griffin, except that the griffin is part lion and the Glowl isn't.
Voice actress: Sarah Parsons
It can be bred with the elements Fire and Air. There is only one breeding combination:
Note that breeding double element Fire-element monsters in the original MSM game is not guaranteed to be successful, unlike double-element non-Fire breeding. There sometimes can be breeding failures, but you'll still get a Glowl if you keep trying.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Glowl:
- Dandidoo (requires level 9) ()
- Sneyser (level 9) ()
- Dragon Tower (level 20)
- Smunkin Patch (level 11)
- Tree Hut (level 17) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Glowl is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Celestial Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Celestials can be used to "dispose of" Glowl eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Celestial 1||Celestial 2|
|7 eggs||3 eggs|
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Celestial statues; active Celestials do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Celestial statues to which you have already disposed the number of Glowl eggs that Celestial accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
To see how efficient Glowl is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
A portmanteau of Glow and Owl.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Glowl, see Monster Names.
- Glowl bears a resemblance to the Greek mythology creature, the Griffin, and slightly, the Phoenix as well.
- One of Glowl's possible names, 'Circe', could be a reference to the enchantress Circe, from The Odyssey and other stories in Greek mythology.
- Similarly, a possible name, "Theena", probably references the Greek goddess Athena, with whom owls were associated.
- Glowl is the only fire double to not appear on a Magical island. Likely because it was both on Fire Haven and Fire Oasis.
- Interestingly, Glowl was the one responsible for reuniting Kayna with the Fire Monsters in Fire Haven and for finding the construction site for Fire Oasis.
- The Glowl in Fire Haven sounds more like Galvana's.
- A group of Glowls is called a "flare" of Glowls (My Singing Monsters Live, Ep. 86).
- Glowl can be seen flying in the trailer of Fire Oasis. Glowl is also one of several monsters who have the ability to fly or levitate. Others being Tweedle, Cybop, Riff, Theremind, Poppette, Yuggler, Floot Fly, Squot (technically Squot can levitate, but further examination is needed.), Clavi Gnat, Withur, Grumpyre, Ghazt, Jeeode, Humbug, Whisp, Jellbilly, Flum Ox, and Plixie.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element