|“||The extraordinary Ghazt only manifests itself when conditions are absolutely perfect. Imbued with the Ethereal power of Plasma, its sleek frame and ability to become intangible are ideal for slipping in and out of places unnoticed. However, these traits also make it vulnerable to accidental interdimensional travel. It plays well with the other Monsters, but can only breed with members of its own class.||”|
|~ US in-game description|
|“||Eu tenho Ghazt extraordinário só se manifesta quando as condições são absolutamente perfeitas. Imbuído do poder etéreo do Plasma, sua estrutura elegante e sua capacidade de se tornar intangível são ideais para entrar e sair de lugares despercebidos. No entanto, esses traços também o tornam vulnerável a viagens interdimensionais acidentais. Ele joga bem com os outros monstros, mas só pode reproduzir com membros de sua própria classe. mi llamo Jeffe||”|
|~ Brazil Portugese in-game description|
The Ghazt is a transparent purple cat-like creature featuring ghostly characteristics such as glowing eyes, and a tail that shrinks to a point as seen in some depictions of ghosts. Some of its other features are feline: pointed ears, fangs, and large claws. Five floating orbs revolve slowly around it, which make musical tones when the Ghazt touches them, and occasionally (when the orb it wants to play is out of reach, or it is using both of its claws already), they'll light up and play a note on their own.
When this monster is idle, it stays in tempo by bending and floating back and forth with its orbs slowly revolving around it. It will sometimes move its arms as if it's trying to pedal a bike, but with its arms.
Ghazts softly patter one of five floating orbs which makes electronic keyboard sounds. To play this on any piano, do this pattern:
C C D E♭ F G, C D E♭ F G F Eb D C, C C D Eb F G G, C C D Eb F Eb D Eb D C.
(Next octave higher) C C C D E♭ C, C C D E♭ F G, G G F E♭ G, G G F E♭, C C C D E♭ C, C C D E♭ G, G G F E♭ G, G G F E♭ D, (repeat whole song)
On Plant Island, the Ghazt has a plasmatic ambience accompanying its song.
On Ethereal Island, the Ghazt mainly plays descending arpeggios and long notes.
Their sound is similar to a robotic Quibble sound.
The Ghazt can be bred using a combination of an Entbrat monster and one three-element monster. Possible combination(s):
There is roughly a 1% chance of breeding this successfully. It is uncertain whether some combinations work better than others. For the shortest wait time per attempt, Entbrat and T-Rox is recommended. According to statistics, doing 69 attempts gives you a 50% chance of successfully breeding at least one Ghazt; and doing 690 attempts gives you a 99.9% chance of successfully breeding at least one Ghazt.
The Ethereal Breeding Bonanzas improve your chances of breeding a Ghazt. These increase the chance of breeding an Ethereal by 500%, i.e. 5 times the usual odds.
The Rare version of any monster can be used for breeding instead of the common version.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins or shards per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the shards earned per hour, as well as the maximum shards earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article. Note: with the Ethereal Island update, Ghazt can be fed up to level 15, at which time it can be placed on Ethereal Island, instead of Gold Island.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster (if not using a Unity Tree), the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing two of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase happiness by 25%. Below are the things liked by Ghazt:
- Whisp (requires level 9)
- Babayag Tower (level 15)
- Squeed Statue (level 16)
- Crumpler Tree (level 19)
- Entbrat (level 9)
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Some items to take into consideration when designing your island by strategy are number of beds for the monster, rate of income per bed, max income per bed, and time for max income to be reached.
|Number of Beds||5||5|
|Rate of Income High||336||48|
|Rate of Income Low||168||24|
|Rate of Income per Bed High||67.2||9.6|
|Rate of Income per Bed Low||33.6||4.8|
|Max Income per Bed||57,600||57.6|
|Time to Max Income @ High||14:17||6:00|
|Time to Max Income @ Low||28:34||12:00|
The name "Ghazt" comes from the middle-English word "ghast", meaning "to frighten" or "having a weird appearance". It's related to the word "ghastly" and the spelling is also associated with the word "ghost", all possibly relevant to the monster's appearance. Ghazt may be based on Bast, the Egyptian cat god because of its appearance.
- The Ghazt, like any other Ethereal monster, can only be placed in the Breeding Structure on Ethereal Island.
- The line "The rare Ghazt only manifests itself when conditions are absolutely perfect." had been changed to show "The extraordinary Ghazt..." in the Version 1.3.3 update. Neverthereless, there is a Rare Ghazt as of April 22nd 2016 since Version 1.4.0, with gold-green colouring and bumps running down it's spine, as well as extra limbs.
- This line change is yet to be implemented in the PC version.
- The sentence "All the Ghazt really wants to do is return home to... wherever it is it came from. No one is entirely sure." was removed from the Ghazt's description due to the appearance of the Ethereal Island, which is its home.
- Even though the Ghazt resembles a cat, it also looks somewhat like Toothless from the movie How To Train Your Dragon. Also, Its element is Plasma, which Toothless shoots instead of fire.
- The Ghazt is the only Plant Island-based monster that never touches the ground.
- It is a possibility that the orbs which float around the monster were meant to resemble balls of yarn, fitting the Ghazt's cat-like features.
- The Ghazt has been found in the files for Composer Island with complete animations and sounds. This indicates Ethereals are probably coming to Composer Island.
- The reward for placing Ghazt is much lower than other Ethereals. While the rest reward 50,000-100,000 coins, or a small amount of diamonds, Ghazt only rewards 5,000 coins and 50 treats.
- Between June 13th 2018 and June 20th 2018, the Ghazt was discounted by 75% to celebrate its 5-year anniversary since its debut.
- One of the default names for Ghazt, “Aethuri-awl”, is a pun on “Ethereal”.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element