|“||Lethargic as they come, G'joobs are healthy eaters and even better sleepers. They spend most of their time drowsing under trees, using their six flippers to drag themselves around and waiting for the sun to come so they can try and get a tan. It's believed that the circular breathing prowess honed in their musical offerings is the secret to how they rest so easy.||”|
|— Monster Biography|
The G'Joob's appearance is a combination of a cat, a ram, and mainly a walrus, with the face of the late Wilford Brimley. It has three flippers on each side, white fur, and gray spots. The tusks which a walrus would normally display are instead replaced by large flute-like horns curving out of its mouth. (The horns coming out of its head do not play music.)
Though the G'joob appears to have flute-like tusks, the sound it produces is actually closer to that of a bassoon. It sounds as two bassoons ascending with short, staccato tones.
To breed G'joob, you need to breed T-Rox and Pummel. Note that it is not a 100% success rate. But the chances can be increased with Wishing torches.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by G'joob:
- Bowgart (requires level 9)
- Mountain Morsel (level 10)
- Thumpies Totem (level 14)
- Inverdigus Fern (level 25) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
To see how efficient G'joob is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- I am the egg-man,
- They are the egg-men,
- I am the walrus,
- Goo goo g'joob.
This gives a link between the walrus-like appearance, and the name G'joob.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for G'joob, see Monster Names.
- G'joob was released alongside the Yawstrich as Mythical Monsters on August 12, 2014, as exclusive content in the PlayStation Vita platform version of My Singing Monsters.
- Big Blue Bubble signed a contract with Sony only permitting G'joob to be on PS Vita  However as of the 4th of September 2019 (in the 7th anniversary update) they became available across all devices.
- G'joob's face highly resembles that of Wilford Brimley and two of the random names it can be given are "Wilford" and "Brimley".
- The G'joob cannot be placed on Gold Island at Level 15 nor teleported anywhere.
- G'joob is the 75,000 dollar kickstarter prize for My Singing Monsters: The Board Game.
- Despite its "Mythical" status, the G'joob can still be used in breeding structures. Breeding with it will not produce eggs, and the combination will not show up when hitting the retry button. This bug was later fixed and usually does not appear
- The description "...waiting for the sun to come so they can try and get a tan..." is another reference to the "I am the Walrus" song by The Beatles.
- It's Spooktacle costume references The Beatles even more, going as John Lennon.
- The G'joob bears a striking resemblance to G'day, sharing a similar colour scheme, instrument family and similar name.
- This resemblance is also brought up in G'day's bio.
- G'joob was made significantly louder in update 3.2.0.
- G'joob is with G'day in the 3.2 loading screen
- PS Vita exclusives to remain exclusive, Big Blue Bubble - Extra Life 2018 - Part 1 video @ 3h53m
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element