|“||The chimeric Fung Pray strives to achieve complete balance in all aspects of life, according to transcendental teachings passed down from generation to generation. Even though tranquility and precision are held in highest esteem, the occasional burst of unbridled exuberance is permitted. Bystanders can identify such a display by the appearance of glowing gills under the Fung Pray’s headcap.||”|
|— In-game description|
The Fung Pray resembles a praying mantis except with a dark tan body and bright pink lips and fur around its neck. It has a mushroom cap on top of its head which occasionally glows bright green underneath as its plays, representing its element of Crystal. The Fung Pray sits atop a pod of leaves, and appears to have no legs like the Jeeode, and a face like the Humbug. Its bright red cap with white spots resembles that of the somewhat-poisonous Amanita muscaria mushroom (also known as "fly agaric" or "fly amanita").
When idle, the Fung Pray rocks back and forth constantly with its mantis arms facing downwards.
The Fung Pray uses its thin, stick-like arms to produce a violin (not an erhu) like sound, similar to the Bowgart, but at a much higher pitch. It plays a series of long, drawn-out notes, followed by several quicker, shorter notes.
The Fung Pray can be bred using a combination of two pure element Ethereal Monsters. Possible combination(s):
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in shards per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the shards earned per hour, as well as the maximum shards earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Fung Pray:
- Bellowfish (requires level 9)
- Bottomless Pit (level 18)
- Directions to Nowhere (level 9)
- Cozee Cabin (level 19) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Fung Pray is used in the following breeding combinations:|
To see how efficient Fung Pray is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Fung Pray, see Monster Names.
Fung Pray's name is a double pun on feng shui, "a Chinese philosophical system of harmonizing everyone with the surrounding environment," based on the monster's hybrid body which is part fungus (mushroom) and part praying mantis.
- Fung Pray was added and identified as "the last ethereal hybrid" on August 14, 2014.
- Information about the Fung Pray was accidentally revealed by August 7, 2014 on the Big Fish Website, but this was corrected a few hours later.
- The Fung Pray is one of five monsters in the game that have a two-word name, the others being the Toe Jammer, the Floot Fly, the Clavi Gnat and the Jam Boree. Although, T-Rox, Bona-Petite, and Déjà-Jin each have two words separated by a hyphen. However, including My Singing Monsters Dawn Of Fire there also is the Flum Ox.
- Fung Pray is the first ethereal hybrid to have a rare counterpart.
- Fung Pray was teased in a facebook banner of Summer Earth Island. Other two element Ethereals were teased in this manner.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element