|Exclusive to My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire|
The following article includes content exclusive to the game My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire.
|“||The Flum Ox crafts luxurious nests of peat moss and pine needles. Calves spend a great deal of time sleeping, and remain calm and relaxed while awake. Flum Ox chanting syncs with the energies of those around it, leading to a state of rhythmic bliss.||”|
|“||The Flum Ox live in perfect balance with the elements, suspended between earth and air, meditating on the ever-changing nature of water and fire. For the tranquil Flum Ox, there's no place like 'Om.||”|
The Flum Ox is the first 4-element monster to appear in Dawn of Fire, as it thrown itself into continent in 1.2.0. Its overall appearance is similar to that of an ox, hence its name, "Flum Ox." It has a reddish lavender fur coat that becomes purple closer to the feet, and white fur on its chest. Even though it doesn't have any arms, the horns on its head appear to be in the shape of hands in meditation, and the same color as the fur of their feet. It also has short bunny-like ears. It sits in an approximation of the "lotus position", and floats above the ground.
There are not too many changes as an adult, other than having some small horns along its back and on the top of its head, having a long white beard, and having a longer tail. It also appears to occupy 3x3 squares as an adult instead of 2x2 squares as a young monster.
Voice actor: Monster-Handler Pat
On the continent, the Flum Ox sings in a soothing, calm low voice, and seems to say, "Kooooo maaaa raaaaah waaaaay ohhh."
The Flum Ox also happens to be singing in harmony with the Furcorn.
On Cloud Island, it seems to sing a variation of "Kumbaya," "Kumba way yo, kumba yo. Kumba way yo, kumba yo."
A Flum Ox can be bred with a combination of Air, Water, Earth, and Fire. The possible combinations are:
- + Floogull + Toe Jammer
- + Whaddle + Noggin
- + Thrumble + Tweedle
- + Glowl + Fwog
- + Stogg + Quibble
- + Scups + Kayna
- + Cybop + Phangler
The Flum Ox will request food and/or non-food items that are the products of Structures. If you cannot give the monster the food or items it requires, you can click the New Order button. After a 15 minute wait, it will ask for a new combination of foods or other items.
When given the wanted foods or items, like any monster, it will reward you coins.
The Flum Ox can be teleported to Cloud Island when fed to Level 15 for a reward of 6 diamonds. Teleport time for the Flum Ox is 40 hours.
"Flum Ox" may be a pun derived from the word flummox, which means to perplex (someone). It also comes from an animal called an "ox" that is similar to a cow.
- The Flum Ox's horns resemble hands an a meditating position. This becomes more clear when it's an adult.
- Experts in yoga and/or meditation are (mythically) said to be able to levitate. See also: "yogic flying".
- According to a BBB Facebook post the Flum Ox's original name was "Oxmonk". In the code, it is still called "Oxmonk".
- Flum Ox's song on Cloud Island sounds similar to Whisp's song on Ethereal Island.
- The Flum Ox's 4 elements are the same as those in the ancient "four element theory" of matter, which claimed that all matter is made from earth, air, fire, and water in various combinations and proportions (See also: Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend Of Korra, it's sequel).
- The Flum Ox was the first Quad-Element Monster to exist in DoF. It was also the only one released with the game.
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|