Experience (also called experience points or XP, ) is the means by which players gain levels, and in doing so gain access to new Islands, Monsters, Structures and Decorations in the Market, or to better prizes in Scratch Tickets and the Spin Wheel. Experience is represented in the game by lime green text and/or the symbol . To see how much experience you have collected and how much experience you need in your current level, press the level progress bar.
Beginning with Version 1.3.3, "monikers" are nicknames assigned to each level between level 30 to level 75.
The amount of experience required to reach each level, and the level's moniker, are shown in the following table.
|32||33,000,000||The Great Smunkin|
|69||1,122,000,000||Fan of Flames|
|72||1,494,000,000||Friend of Many Facets|
|74||1,807,000,000||Spark of Creation|
Getting from level one to level 75 thus requires a total of 21,778,403,300 experience points. Once you reach level 75, you continue in the game at "Maximum (Max) Level" regardless of any further experience.
Experience points may be earned by:
- Placing new Monsters, Structures or Decorations on an island.
- Zapping a Monster to a Wublin or Celestial.
- Upgrading a Castle or Bakery.
- Collecting baked Treats.
- Removing Obstacles.
- Completing certain Goals.
Harder-to-get things, more expensive items, and monsters with more elements give you more experience points. Often, it is easier to gain a large amount of Experience through the production of food, esp. cakes.
Perhaps oddly, purchasing new Islands does not give experience points.
After reaching level 75, the amount of Experience Points (XP) gained no longer increases. However, tapping the XP bar shows the number of additional XP you received past that required for level 75 (1,988,000,000). At the time of this writing, that means that the maximum XP that can be confirmed depends on first reaching 1,987,999,999 points, and then receiving the highest number of XP possible in one go - 37,500,000 from placing a Wubbox - giving a total maximum of 2,025,499,999 XP, which is displayed as "37,499,999/0" when tapping the XP bar.
- If you have earned any experience points before the day that the Version 1.3.3 update, none of those experience points from before would've been accumulated.
- The iconic Furcorn in the leveling up screen was removed on the 1.3.3 update.
- The leveling up animation is different in the 1.3.6 update. It is more visually friendly, showing all monsters and decorations unlocked in the new level. Animated poofs appear in sequence to each unlocked object. Any monsters unlocked will make them sing/play their Memory Game part.
- Old xp Icon:
- The maximum Experience was first achieved on February 20th, 2021 - more than 3 years after the Level cap was increased to 75.