|“||Reedlings have a hard time controlling their body temperature. So what's a Monster to do when it inhabits both stifling heat and chilly depths? In true Reedling fashion, you evolve special organs, of course! Epic Reedlings harness the air expelled from their rogue toots with special chitinous carapaces and cable-like tubing that channel it into hot or cool air that circulates across its body.
This Monster, like all Epic Monsters, cannot breed.
It has blue fur with a white mask resembling a gas mask. Its eyes appear to be glass camera lenses, with camera aperture irises that 'blink'. Its legs look like electrical wiring. The pipes on its back are metal and black in color, somewhat resembling upside-down clarinets. Unlike its Common and Rare counterparts, it has no arms or tail. Underneath its mask, the rest of its face resembles that of a Common Reedling, except with whiskers, without teeth, and its eyes are pure black. Its nose and whiskers are silver.
- See Reedling.
Epic Reedling is only available for breeding (or buying) during limited time events.
- Water Island: + Spunge and Fwog
- Earth Island: + Thumpies and Shrubb
- Fire Haven: + Repatillo and Cybop
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
- All monsters that appear on a certain Island.
- All monsters with a specific element
- All monsters with a specific theme
- A seemingly random selection of a handful of Monsters
In particular, they are likely to appear during Special Occasions.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness). Also, each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Epic Reedling:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
To see how efficient Epic Reedling is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- See Reedling.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Epic Reedling, see Monster Names.
- Its design somewhat resembles Darth Vader from Star Wars.
- It was teased in the SummerSong 2019 Loading Screen as well as in a facebook video on 13th of August. It was then released on August 14th, 2019.
- A four-day Epic Rerun event with all previously released -element Epic Monsters was exactly halfway through when Epic Reedling was first released.
- Epic Reedling is the second Epic Monster where an official post featured a body part that isn't visible in-game. Specifically, the mask was revealed in one of the Facebook and Twitter posts.
- The first is Epic Deedge, where the Epic Deedge's lack of feet was not obvious unless revealed via official My Singing Monsters social media accounts or by looking into in-game code of the Epic Deedge. Facebook link.
- Epic Reedling was the last Epic Monster to have the old non-unique egg artwork. After September 25th 2019, all Rares and Epics had entirely new egg artworks.
- Interestingly, the Epic Reedling has fewer features than its common counterpart (e.g. no tail, no arms).
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element