|“||The unsightly Epic Oaktopus has been infected with a parasitic pathogen known as the RitRawt. This foul fronded fungus burrows into the trunks of unsuspecting Oaktopi and slowly gains control of their mind and body, causing unusual growths and a smell like moldy fruit. Monsters infected by the RitRawt are known to exhibit an increased need to boogie down.||”|
Epic Oaktopus is a double-element Epic Monster. It was added on May 8th, 2019 during Version 2.2.8. As an Epic Monster, it is only available at select times. When available, it is best obtained by breeding, which the combination varies from island to island. By default, its breeding time is 1 day and 7 hours long. Although an Epic Monster, Epic Oaktopus still does not have high coin production. Also note, that unlike their Common and Rare counterparts, Epic Monsters cannot breed.
- See Oaktopus.
Epic Oaktopus is only available for breeding (or buying) during limited time events.
The combination to breed Epic Oaktopus is different for each island.
- Plant Island: + Bowgart and Shrubb
- Cold Island: + Spunge and Pango
- Water Island: + Reedling and Fwog
- Psychic Island: + Rootitoot and Bonkers
- Shugabush Island: + Shugabush and Quibble
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
- All monsters that appear on a certain Island.
- All monsters with a specific element
- All monsters with a specific theme
- A seemingly random selection of a handful of Monsters
In particular, they are likely to appear during Special Occasions.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Epic Oaktopus:
- Re (requires level 10) (, , )
- Gloptic (level 9) ()
- Deedge (level 9) ()
- Hammock (level 10)
- Beeyoot Tree (level 8)
- Sweetstreamz Tree (level 23) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Epic Oaktopus, see Monster Names.
- The Epic Oaktopus was teased in a video on My Singing Monsters social media on May 7th, 2019. On May 8, it turned out that both Epic Oaktopus and Epic Quarrister were teased in this video.
- Epic Oaktopus was inspired by the parasitic Ophiocordyceps unilateralis, a fungus which infects ants and controls their minds. O. unilateralis transforms its hosts into "zombie ants" that behave erratically and sprout strange growths from their heads.
- The RitRawt itself is named and designed after Thumpies.
- It and Epic Quarrister were the last Natural Epic monsters released as a duo.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element