|“||Maws are sensory creatures that always have an ear to the ground (so to speak), from the pronounced tastebuds and sensitive fur of Common Maw, to the keen eyesight of its Rare cousin. Similarly, Epic Maw is gifted with another valuable sense: smell! With every Epic nose comes the constant threat of sinus infections, but also the savoury scent of freshly baked treats.||”|
The Epic Maw is an indigo colored monster. It has horns on its head and chin. Its lips are now blue, and its teeth are sharp. The dots on its fur are replaced with lines, resembling the ones that Rare Mammott has. The pimples you would see on a Common Maw now have holes. It has eyes just like its rare counterpart, but it has a nose.
- See Maw.
Epic Maw is only available for breeding (or buying) during limited time events.
The combination to breed Epic Maw is different for each island.
- Plant Island: + Bowgart + Drumpler
- Cold Island: + Spunge + Furcorn
- Air Island: + T-Rox + Quibble
- Fire Oasis: + Whaddle + Pango
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
- All monsters that appear on a certain Island.
- All monsters with a specific element
- A seemingly random selection of a handful of Monsters.
In particular, they are likely to appear during Special Occasions.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Epic Maw:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
To see how efficient Epic Maw is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- See Maw.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Epic Maw, see Monster Names.
- Main article: Costumes
Like Maw in 2012, Epic Maw is dressed up in Groucho Glasses, complete with nose, mustache, eyebrows, and it used a pair of fake ears to hold it up.
On December 12th, 2018, Epic Maw adorned some mistletoe and wore lipstick. It was one of the first Epics ever to dress up for the Festival of Yay.
- My Singing Monsters player, JMlol 20 was the first person in the whole world to be awarded with Epic Maw in Big Blue Bubble's twitch Extra Life 2018 stream on November 4th.
- The sharp teeth on the Epic Maw are a reference to the concept art of the Maw with its sharp teeth as well with its color.
- Epic Maw is one of the first Epic monsters to dress up for both the Spooktacle and for the Festival of Yay.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Rare Quad Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element