|“||Of all Fire Monsters, the Epic Kayna burns with the strongest, purest energy. So powerful is its connection with the living core of the Monster World, its physical appearance has evolved to reflect the wellspring of shadow and flame - cloven hooves and sharpened claws, substantial horns and deep-set eyes, and an intense purplish-blue glow radiating from between its ashen plates. Wings that once allowed the Fire Epic to drift on thermal updrafts have hardened and fallen out of use, but they are no less impressive when beholding the Epic Kayna across the diverse habitats of its new home on the surface.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Epic Kayna is a single-element Epic Fire Monster, and was the first Fire Epic to be introduced. It was added on March 17th, 2021 during Version 3.0.5. As an Epic Monster, it is only available at select times. When available, it is best obtained by breeding, which the combination varies from island to island. By default, its breeding time is 15 hours long. Although an Epic Monster, Epic Kayna still does not have high coin production. Also note, that unlike their Common and Rare counterparts, Epic Monsters cannot breed.
- See Kayna.
Epic Kayna is only available for breeding (or buying) during limited time events.
The combination to breed Epic Kayna is different for each island.
- Fire Haven: + Tring and Stogg
- Fire Oasis: + Sneyser and Phangler
- Light Island: + Blow't and Furcorn
- Psychic Island: + Gloptic and Oaktopus
- Faerie Island: + Pladdie and Drumpler
- Bone Island: + Plinkajou and Fwog
On the Magical Islands, Epic Kayna is bred through the island's Quad monster, and a Natural Double Element Monster. Oddly enough, the breeding odds seem to have been manipulated to where there is a high chance that breeding failure that will result in the Quad monster when using those monsters specifically and those odds stay the same even when Epic Kayna is not available to breed.
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
- All monsters that appear on a certain Island.
- All monsters with a specific element
- All monsters with a specific theme
- A seemingly random selection of a handful of Monsters
In particular, they are likely to appear during Special Occasions.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Epic Kayna:
- Repatillo (requires level 9) ()
- Wynq (level 9) ()
- Sooza (level 9) ()
- Rootitoot (level 9) ()
- Ziggurab (level 9) ()
- Thrumble (level 9) ()
- Razzli Tree (level 12)
- Freed Thing (level 14)
- Thumpies Totem, Too (level 10) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Epic Kayna, see Monster Names.
- Some of its default names come from things related to the Lord of the Rings franchise:
- Galrog- Balrog
- Gawthmog - Gothmog
- Moreea - Moria
- Tollkin - J. R. R. Tolkien
- It was the first Fire Epic to be released.
- this is a little strange, seeing as Rare Kayna was the last Fire Rare to be released
- It was teased in a Limited Sale called Fan Service as a silhouette.
- It was revealed on My Singing Monsters: Fandemonium, and is one of only four Monsters to have been revealed that way, the others being Déjà-Jin, Rare Wimmzies, and Larvaluss.
- This is the second monster to have a breeding time of 15 hours, the first being the Epic Drumpler.
- It is the only Fire Epic to like Thumpies Totem, Too.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element