|“||Timid in the light, Dipsters make their homes underground. The muffled monster music from above gives Dipsters the courage to rise up and join in the harmonious melody! ...although it may only be one note at a time. Dipsters are resourceful creatures, and collect natural materials to disguise the entrances to their tunnels. No one knows how far a Dipster hole goes.||”|
Dipsters are a set of seven Monsters that each only play typically one note of the musical scale, hence the names Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La and Ti. All of these seven monsters were released in the 1.4.2 update. They pop up from the ground each time they sing a note and every note is a "dip," singing a certain pitch depending on what their name is. They also have different natural items on their heads.
These Monsters are all unlocked at Level 10.
All the Dipsters sing "dip," but with differing pitches depending on which Dipster they are. Do typically sings at the root (first note) of the scale, Re typically the second note of the scale, Mi typically the third note of the scale, Fa typically the fourth note of the scale, Sol typically the fifth note of the scale, La typically the sixth note of the scale, and Ti typically the seventh note of the scale. The Dipsters behave like handbells, where one sings each note; each Dipster being a different bell.
Dipster Notes on Different Islands
Dipsters don't stay on the same note on every island. Instead, they follow their respective Natural Island's key and sing their respective pitch associated with their note type. One other note is that on some islands, such as Cold Island, they do not necessarily sing the same pitch that their respective musical pitch name represents; instead for these occasions, each Dipster sings one of 7 different type of pitches whenever contributing to their entire song. Dip!
|Bb and B||High-B||F#||A#||B||F||Bb||A|
Dipsters cannot be bred. Instead, Dipsters are bought with Keys, which can be earned as a gift from a Friend, Daily Login Bonus or from buying keys from the Store. By default, all players start with 3.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
The food per level is the same for all Dipsters.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
The name Dipster is a portmanteau of Dip (what they sing) and monster.
|“||When it comes to comfy burrows, you can forget about Blabbit holes - Dipsters have the Market cornered! And now the musical miniature Monsters are calling another island home - Ethereal Island! All 7 varieties are available in the Market in the pocket dimension.||”|
|— Version 2.1.6 "NEW: Dipsters on Ethereal Island!"|
- Main article: Costumes
In December 2019, the Dipsters became little Christmas decorations. Do was a present, Re was a Christmas bow, Mi was a stocking, Fa only had snow on it, Sol had snow on its head as well as 2 candy canes, La had a snowman’s head on it and Ti had the top of a Christmas tree with a yellow star on top.
The Dipster Element () is an element only used by the Dipsters. It looks like a yellow flower planted in fresh soil, or what’s on top of Ti’s head.
- Dipsters used to have no element, but were given one (the Element of "Dipster") in June 2017.
- Dipsters, Wublins, and Celestials are the only Monsters in the original game that do not require beds.
- Dipster, Electricity, and Celestial are the only canon elements that are not able to be obtained by breeding.
- Unlike Glowbes (which, although technically monsters, are more like decorations), Dipsters have almost all the properties of actual Monsters. The main difference is that up to ten of a certain type of Dipster can be placed on an island (almost unlimited for most Monsters, minus bed consumption) and that all Dipsters consume no beds at all.
- Dipsters are currently the only monsters you can buy with Keys.
- Dipsters can be bought on any Natural Island, Fire Haven, Fire Oasis and Ethereal Island.
- Dipsters cannot be placed on Gold Island when fed to level 15. If this is tried, a warning will appear on the screen that reads, "This monster doesn't want to be on Gold Island!"
- Dipsters take as much feeding as a Quad Element Monster. Please see the Feeding article for more details.
- Dipsters don’t have any Monster Likes, all 4 likes are decorations.
- All seven Dipsters share the same earning rate and maximum income at each level and at a certain Happiness.
- An explanation as to why Dipsters take up no beds may be because they live underground.
- Originally, muted Dipsters hid in the ground; no "ZZZ's" came out. Now, there is a hole in the ground with rests floating out (like all the other monsters).
- To have one of each Dipster on each Natural Island (excluding Mirror Islands) without Hole-In-One promotions, you would need 108.
- When any Dipster pops out of the ground, little dirt particles can be seen flying out from the hole.
- The Dipsters slightly resemble the Diglett Pokémon.
- Legendary, Dipster, Mythical, Magical, and Seasonal elements are the only Elements that are canon, but have no Celestial associated with them.
- Since “ Do “ appears twice on the musical scale ( the first and last note ), the Dipsters order ends with Ti.
- On 3/14/18, in the 2.1.8 Update, Dipsters were added to Ethereal Island.
- The Dipsters are the only 1x1 monsters on Ethereal Island and Fire Oasis (excluding Glowbes).
- The reason why Dipsters need Keys to be bought is to unlock "tiny doors in the Dipsters' tunnel system." Link here.
- The same post almost shows Ti's legs (or anything they have (if they have any)), but they are covered by the MSM logo.
- Dipsters have been discounted once, from 18th January 2019 to 21st January 2019. Link. They have been discounted the same way from 18th April 2019 to 21st April 2019. They were discounted again in the 2019 Anniversary Month event
- If you tap the Dipster within its description, it’ll pop out of its hole and hide back.
- When the Dipsters were first released on Fire Haven in Version 2.3.4, they were bugged and would immediately pop up and in without an animation, with their signature "dip" being cut short. This was fixed a week later.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Rare Quad Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element