|“||The Deedge, attuned to the beat of the Earth, pulls together multiple elements to produce a complex beat. A tireless, energetic performer, it keeps all the Monsters dancing.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Deedge is a quad-element Monster that can be found on Cold Island. It is best obtained by breeding Thumpies and Toe Jammer. By default, its breeding time is 24 hours long. Deedge has a decent coin production, and can be useful for beginners before getting monsters with higher coin production. On Shugabush Island, Deedge’s coin production is only rivaled by its Rare and Epic counterparts.
Instrument: Synthesized drum kit, akin to a DJ. Electric synth (Gold)
The Deedge's contribution to an island's song is heavily rhythmic, similar in sound to the electronic beats of a DJ. Using an anatomically built-in amplification system, it strikes a series of ice blocks to produce its beats. On Gold Island, the Deedge's song consists of a melodic series of electronic tones.
The following pairs of 2-element monsters can be used to breed a Deedge:
However, the combination of a 3-element with 1-element monster has a higher rate of success:
- Of these,Thumpies+Toe Jammer is the best combination, as it has the lowest average breeding times in case of breeding failure. Spunge + Mammott is a close second.
Like all Quad Element Monsters, Deedges are hard to breed and these combinations may result in a parent monster as offspring instead. However, if you are fortunate enough to already possess both a Deedge and a Rare Deedge, the two can be bred together to create another Deedge with a 100% success rate.
On Shugabush Island, the Deedge can either be bred, purchased with diamonds or teleported from Cold Island (not Gold Island) once it reaches level 15.
The Rare version of any monster can be used for breeding instead of the common version.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Deedge:
- Shugabuzz (requires level 9) ()
- Leafy Sea Dragon (level 20)
- Zuffle Tree (level 20)
- Piney Tree (level 13)
- Squeed Statue (level 16) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
- Main article: Costumes
|Always Available||50,000 (discounted)|
75,000 (full price)
|Always Available||40 (discounted)|
60 (full price)
Ore So Vein
|Limited time||25 (discounted)|
37 (full price)
|Festival of Yay Series||30|
Used in Breeding
|Deedge is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins, Celestials, and Vessels can be used to "dispose of" Deedge eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublins, Celestials, and Vessels; active ones do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Monsters to which you have already disposed the number of Deedge eggs that it accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Deedge, see Monster Names.
- One of its nicknames, Somerville, is also a station in the Raritan Valley Line
- Deedge’s name is a portmanteau of "DJ" and "Fridge", with the speakers being fridges.
- Deedge does not have legs. It walks on its arms like a Gorilla.
- The Deedge was originally called "Chillex", which combines the words "chill" and the music artist, Skrillex.
- However, as a reference to this name, one of the Deedge's default names is "Skrill".
- One of Deedge's default names, "Aphex", is a possible reference to British DJ Aphex Twin.
- In Shugabush Island Deedge's snow is gone.
- This was likely due to a bug when adding Rare Deedge, since the snow used to be connected to the speaker sprite. It is unknown if this was left in the game by mistake or as a reference to Shugabush Island’s warm climate.
- The Deedge is the only Quad Element Monster that is available on more than one island in which it can breed.
- Apparently, Deedge earwax can be used to dye things blue. This is noted from the description of the Blue Bubblerite Path and of the Shugavox.
- In the My Mammott trailer, Deedge's song can be heard. This is the same with Quibble.
- Deedge and Fa are the only monsters whose names can be spelled with only the musical alphabet (from A to G).
- On March 26th, 2015, when playing its ice blocks on Shugabush Island, the Deedge's wrists turned blue and its fingernails became golden. This was due to a glitch where it used Rare Deedge’s sprite, (one day before the monster released). This only lasted for a day.
- Deedge’s song on Gold Island is much different than its sound heard on Cold and Shugabush Islands. Rather than playing a drum kit, it plays a synth.
- Ironically, the Deedge's bio says it is "attuned to the beat of the Earth," despite the fact it doesn't have the Earth element. Although, "attuned" means being aware, so it makes sense.
- Before version 1.1.4, Deedge was addressed as a "he" in its bio. This was later changed to "it", due to Big Blue Bubble’s philosophy that all Monsters are gender neutral.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element