|“||The statuesque Clavavera cuts a dashing figure wherever it appears, but it's best-known for the unique effects that the sound of its special, dexterous fingers can produce. When struck together, the bright, clean tone this Clackula relative makes can cause all those in the vicinity to perceive and interact with Monster ancestors from bygone eras. The spirits, who have passed on to the 'Beat Hereafter,' recount stories of glorious songs of yore and reassure their descendants that any Monster, living or departed, can tune in to the 'heartbeat of forever' if they're only listening. The Clavavera keeps the exact nature of the Beat Hereafter mostly to itself.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Clavavera is a Seasonal Monster exclusive to Seasonal Shanty that celebrates the future Beat Hereafter season. It was added on October 27th, 2021 during Version 3.3.2. It is best obtained by breeding Punkleton and Schmoochle. By default, its breeding time is 22 hours and 11 minutes. Clavavera has a low coin production compared to other Monsters.
Instrument: Wood claves
The Clavavera claps and taps its fingers together to produce its sound.
Clavavera can be bred with the following breeding combo:
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Clavavera:
- Beat Hereafter Path (requires level 18)
- Bloofi Tree (level 12)
- Tub Fountain (level 26)
- Bottomless Pit (level 18) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Clavavera is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Clavavera, see Monster Names.
- Its name comes from claves, its instrument, and calavera, a Spanish word meaning "skull". It may also derive from clavicle, the scientific name for the collarbone, or cadaver, a dead body.
- Clavavera is the 8th Seasonal Monster ever to be released.
- Clavavera was the second Seasonal Shanty exclusive monster at launch, with the first being Jam Boree.
- In the bio for Clavavera, it is confirmed that it is related to Clackula.
- Clavavera is the first Seasonal to arrive within another Seasonal event.
- Clavavera is the first non-vocal Seasonal. However, Yool is the first Seasonal to play an instrument. Jam Boree also counts as an instrument because its voice is actually a synth.
- Clavavera was first teased on the Spooktacle 2021 loading screen (above & below the "er" in "Monsters")
- It is the first 1x1 seasonal monster.
- On the mailbox, the following is stated "This beautifully-decorated monster is a representative of the Beat Hereafter, a mysterious celebration that may one day find a home somewhere else in the monster world" leading to Clavavera being on another island (Bone Island being the most likely candidate).
- Clavavera was teased again here:
- The bio tells us that monsters can die, and that there is an afterlife they go to called the "Beat Hereafter". There also seems to be a "Heartbeat of Forever" that all monsters have to ability to "Tap in to"
- Clavavera seems to have a unique link to this afterlife, being able to allow monsters to visit their ancestors. The bio says it mostly keeps how it works and what its like to itself, implying there is more to this all than we can find out.
- At release, Clavavera's legs did not move at all during its singing animation. This was later fixed at the Festival of Yay 2021.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element