|“||The Cantorell may seem to be a rather small-statured Monster to the naked eye, but beneath the soil, this fungal fiend grows a far-reaching system of mycelia capable of propagating dozens of clones! As more and more like-minded Cantorell caps emerge from the earth, they often compete for space both physical and musical. It's not uncommon to spot a Cantorell choir growing in a ring-like shape, so that each cap can feel included.||”|
It appears as a short monster with a whitish-gray body, similar to that of certain mushrooms. It also has two necks, each with a cap of light bluish-gray and a darker blue. The larger head has whitewashed eyes and two tendrils from its neck as well as a frill, while the smaller head has normal blue eyes with none of the distinctive features on its larger head.
Voice actors: Unknown (Large head), Matthew J. Stewart (Smaller head)
The larger head sings "wimmey-wow-wimmey-wow-wimmey-wow, wimmey-wow-wimmey-wow-wimmey-" the smaller head then interrupts with a deep "whoa-loh!"
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Cantorell:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Cantorell is used in the following breeding combinations:|
To see how efficient Cantorell is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
Its name is derived from "cantor," a singer of religious music, and "chanterelle," a variety of mushroom.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Cantorell, see Monster Names.
- Cantorell is the only monster with a 1x1 grid space on Faerie Island.
- It's also the first monster in 3 years, not counting Dawn of Fire, to have a 1x1 grid space.
- It's also the only Magical with a 1x1 grid space, who doesn't have the Bone element.
- In its bio, it states that "it's not uncommon to spot a Cantorell choir growing in a ring-like shape." This is in reference to fairy rings, which are naturally occurring rings of mushrooms believed to be a site of fairy activity.
- Cantorell is the third monster to open its eyes while muted, although only the smaller head opens its eyes.
- One of the possible Cantorell names, "Rotbelly," may be a reference to how the Cantorell has a similar body structure to the Potbelly.
- Many of Cantorell's names (Chanterelle, CreminiMe, Gruffball, Morel, Portobellow, Shiitalkay, Trufullup) refer to different kinds of mushrooms (Chanterelle, Crimini, Puffball, Morel, Portabella, Shiitake, Truffle).
- Cantorell is one of three monsters to have triple elements but only take up one space. The other two are Clamble and Banjaw.
- Cantorell and Frondley are the only two Magical Triple Monsters to be vocalists.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element