|“||Don't be creeped out by the creepy-crawly Bulbo if you spy its strange glow in the dead of night! This Light hybrid produces its eye-popping shine from its posterior bulb, a stunning piece of glasswork powered by the kinetic energy of its stridulatory organs. To maximize the impact of its radiant rump, Bulbos slink about in the dark, bulging their eyes to observe the expression of its listeners in the dimness... whether that expression is one of shock or awe.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Bulbo is a double-element Magical Monster exclusive to Light Island. It was added on November 4th, 2020 during Version 3.0.1. It is best obtained by breeding Mammott and Fluoress. By default, its breeding time is 9 hours long. As a Double Elemental, Bulbo does not have a high coin production.
VST: EastWest Symphonic Orchestra
Note that breeding a double element Light elemental is not a guaranteed success, as with all other Fire/Magical double elementals.
Bulbo can also be bred in a breeding failures. Some combinations that result in a Bulbo in a breeding failure include:
- + Bulbo and Blow't
(Good choice, very small chance of getting Blow't)
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Bulbo:
- Kayna (requires level 9)
- Zuffle Tree (level 20)
- Thumpies Totem (level 14)
- Crumpler Tree (level 19) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Bulbo is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Bulbo can be used to "dispose of" Bulbo eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Bulbo; active ones do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Monsters to which you have already disposed the number of Bulbo eggs that it accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Bulbo, see Monster Names.
- Güiracknid: Güiro, which it plays, and arachnid, a type of bugs which includes spiders.
- Sparkthropod: Spark, and arthropod.
- Squashboard: Squash, which many people do upon seeing a bug, and washboard, an instrument that makes a sound similar to Bulbo.
- Bulbo's name is a portmanteau of 'bulb' and 'Güiro'. It is also the Spanish word for bulb, however this may be a coincidence.
- It was the only Light Monster to not be teased in any way.
- Bulbo was final double-element Monster to be released on Light Island.
- It seems to bear some resemblance to Zynth or a Glowbe.
- In it's idle animation, the Bulbo's eyes occasionally become cross-eyed, similarly to TooToo.
- Bulbo also bears resemblace to the insect-like monster inside of the plant-like Spytrap.
- As shown by Fiddlement’s teaser, Bulbo represents the color blue.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element