|“||Don't be creeped out by the creepy-crawly Bulbo if you spy its strange glow in the dead of night! This Light hybrid produces its eye-popping shine from its posterior bulb, a stunning piece of glasswork powered by the kinetic energy of its stridulatory organs. To maximize the impact of its radiant rump, Bulbos slink about in the dark, bulging their eyes to observe the expression of its listeners in the dimness... whether that expression is one of shock or awe.||”|
Bulbo is an arachnid-like monster with a lightbulb on its backside. It has four legs and two arms which have bristles on them. It has three eyes that can bulge out of its head and has two fangs. When it rubs the bristles on its arms, it generates electricity that lights up its lightbulb.
Note that breeding a double element Light elemental is not a guaranteed success, as with all other Fire/Magical double elementals.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Bulbo:
- Kayna (requires level 9)
- Zuffle Tree (level 20)
- Thumpies Totem (level 14)
- Crumpler Tree (level 19) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Bulbo is used in the following breeding combinations:|
To see how efficient Bulbo is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
The Bulbo's name is a portmanteau of 'bulb' and 'guiro'. It is also the Spanish word for bulb, however this may be a coincidence.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Bulbo, see Monster Names.
- It is the first and only Light Monster to not be teased in any way.
- It is the final Double-Element Monster to be released on Light Island.
- It seems to bear some resemblance to Zynth or a Glowbe.
- In it's idle animation, the Bulbo's eyes occasionally become cross-eyed, similarly to TooToo.
- Bulbo also bears resemblace to the insect-like monster inside of the plant-like Spytrap. This makes sense as the Bulbo, an insect-like monster, can be used with Potbelly, a plant-like monster, to breed the Spytrap.
- With this monster's release, Spytrap is no longer the only tri-element with two breeding combos.
- Bulbo was released on 11/4/20.
- As shown by Fiddlement’s teaser, Bulbo represents the color blue.
- Some of its names have references:
- Güiracknid: Güiro, which it plays, and arachnid, a type of bugs which includes spiders.
- Sparkthropod: Spark, and arthropod.
- Squashboard: Squash, which many people do upon seeing a bug, and washboard, an instrument that makes a sound similar to Bulbo.
- Bulbo is the second Light element monster, as well as the second monster on Light Island, to only have one track. The first was Spytrap.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element