|“||Clearly the Bowgart kid is outsized by its instrument. Until it can grow full horns, it'll have to make do with hand-me-downs. It's a good thing that a Bowgart grows two horns; a younger's first attempt at making an instrument is not always successful.||”|
|“||Age and experience turn Bowgarts into skilled luthiers. They always have a collection of spare instruments around. It is generally considered wise to leave one's extra instrument unstrung though, as curious novices tend to produce a sound that can only be described as ghastly.||”|
|“||This Bowgart returned from the Prism Gate forever changed! The Monster's limbs, previously specialized to suck mud up through its feet and multitask in the playing of its instrument, have been modified (and multiplied!) at the molecular level to instead produce webbing and serve as organic bows and strings - extraordinary!||”|
The Bowgart is a four-armed humanoid monster. As a child, its horns are smaller and bites its lips with its one tooth. It sits down to play their instrument using adult-sized bows. Its fur also appears to be of a lighter blue than the adult. Another difference is the presence of an incised double curve in the middle of its instrument.
As an adult, the Bowgart is very similar to the one from the original game, with some differences in color and movement. Some noticeable differences include the coloring of its hands and eye sockets, which are now purple instead of blue, and rather than biting its lip, it appears to have a large overbite, and it has more fur on its forearms than its elbows. Additionally, The double curve is now larger and more pronounced.
- Red: Red Prismatic Bowgart has 4 horns on its head, two small, two larger, no extra arms, and has skin similar to a scorpion. It has one normal eye with dark yellow iris and the other is covered by an eyepatch.
- Orange: Orange Prismatic Bowgart has no horns on its head, two extra arms, and has skin similar to a shrimp. It has 4 eyes with green irises, with one pair bigger than the other.
- Yellow: Yellow Prismatic Bowgart has antenna like horns on its head, two extra arms, and fur similar to a bumblebee. It has two giant eyes with blue irises.
- Green: Green Prismatic Bowgart has a curled hair on its head, no extra arms, and scales similar to a fish. It has 4 eyes with purple irises, with one pair bigger than the other.
- Blue: Blue Prismatic Bowgart has nothing atop its head, no extra arms, and has fur similar to a horse's mane. It has 4 eyes that are reddish-black, as if they were all pupil, with one pair bigger than the other.
- Purple: Purple Prismatic Bowgart has some hair atop its head, two extra arms, and fur similar to a ferret. It has one normal eye with orange iris while the other is either closed or broken.
Like in the original game, the Bowgart's contribution to an Island's song is the equivalent of upper and lower string sections. Its top two arms are responsible for the bowing and fingering of the upper string part, and its bottom two arms, the lower part.
On the Continent, the Bowgart starts off by playing a cello harmony. After a while, it also includes a deep double bass line along with its initial song. Later in the song, the Bowgart plays double stops in sets of crotchets.
On Space Island, the Bowgart will play fast quavers of high notes that accompany the Toe-Jammer, Sooza, and Rootitoot’s melody.
In Cave Island, the Bowgart makes a series of high triplets. When the slower part comes in, it will play slower but lower set of triplets that accompany the Fwog's main part.
Like the original game, there are three ways to breed the Bowgart in Dawn of Fire. Below are the three possible combinations for the Bowgart.
The Bowgart will request food and/or non-food items that are the products of Structures. If you cannot give the monster the food or items it requires, you can click the New Order button. After a 15 minute wait, it will ask for a new combination of foods or other items.
When given the wanted foods or items, like any monster, it will reward you coins.
Bowgart can be teleported to Space Island when fed to level 10 for a reward of 4? diamonds, or it can be teleported to Cave Island when fed to level 20 for a reward of 6 diamonds. Teleport time for Bowgart is 20 hours.
During limited time events when Prism Gate is open and Bowgart is available for transformation on Outer Islands, an adult Bowgart can be transformed into one of six different colored variants.
The Bowgart's name may be a combination of the monster Boggart (or "bogart") and a bow, the stick used on string instruments such as the one it plays.
- All of the notes that the Bowgart ever plays are playable by an actual cello, though it requires special skill to get to the very high notes.
- Supposedly before Version 2.7.0, the adult Bowgart's idle animation used to be somewhat broken, as while doing its idle, it seems to jump at the end of the animation to loop back. Furnoss also shared this glitch.
- Not counting Rare Bowgart, baby Bowgart is the only Bowgart counterpart to not have it’s teeth clenched, mainly because it only has one tooth.
- There was a bug where Yellow Prismatic Bowgart did not do its playing animation for its first track on Cave Island and just did its idle animation instead. This was later fixed in the 2.7.0 update.
- There was also another bug where all of the Prismatic Bowgarts' eyelids (except for Yellow) were grey when playing their first track on Cave Island. This was also fixed in the 2.7.0 update.
- The track that Bowgart plays on Cave Island sounds very similar to the opening to the 2002 Spider-Man film. Ironically, Prismatic Bowgarts are all spiders.
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|