|“||Lip balm is a fundamental requirement for the rearing of any juvenile Boskus. Finger sucking and nail biting must be monitored heedfully. Caregivers will find themselves led on a merry chase as the nimble-kneed Boskus climbs anything and everything.||”|
|“||A well-raised Boskus has full, flexible lips. This allows it to produce a resonant flubbering sound, with a wide tonal range. Pointing, picking, and poking and gesturing are all considered fine Boskus etiquette, so long as the finger is properly manicured.||”|
Boskus is a goat-like creature with 2 sets of stubby horns, one set shorter than the other. It has a periwinkle-royal bluish skin color and periwinkle spots on its front thighs. Its horns and hooves are goldish-yellow. Its eyes are brown and it has tannish-pink lips. It also has a finger for a nose with a goldish-brown fingernail.
As an adult, its horns grow much larger, especially the ones on the side. It also has long darker blue fur. Additionally, a pair of sharp lower teeth can be seen sticking out of its lower lip. It also loses its periwinkle spots.
Voice actor: Unknown
The Boskus sings and moves its proboscis over its lips to give the distinct "plucking" sound effect of its singing. It also appears to sing in a low voice resembling a bass version of a Blabbit. On the Continent, it sings, "bom bidly bom bidly bidly bom bom bom bom bidly bom bidly bidly bidly bom" On Cloud Island, it sings, "Bungayungayungayu! Bungayungayungayu!"
A Boskus can be bred with a combination of Cold and Fire. The combination is:
The Boskus will request food and/or non-food items that are the products of Structures. If you cannot give the monster the food or items it requires, you can click the New Order button. After a 15 minute wait, it will ask for a new combination of foods or other items.
When given the wanted foods or items, like any monster, it will reward you coins.
The Boskus can be teleported to Cloud Island at level 15 with a reward of 4 diamonds. Teleport time for Boskus is 10 hours.
Boskus' name is derived from the word proboscis, the nose of a mammal, especially if it's long and mobile, this might be because the Boskus has one. Also bos is the Latin name for cattle.
- One of the Boskus' default names is Cameron, which means crooked nose, shown in it's crooked fingerlike nose.
- In the code, the Boskus is called "Lips".
- Boskus could also be based on the extinct animal named Macrauchenia , due to its proboscis and legs like horses.
- The Boskus resembles a tapir.
- When servers get shut down, the monster handlers sometimes blame it on a Boskus party.
- It appears that during the development of Dawn of Fire, Boskus was originally brown and had a deeper, more buzzy voice. The boskus's color was changed because it looked too much like a deer to the monster handlers.
- On The Continent, if you listen closely, you can hear the syllables for Big Blue Bubble.
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|