|Exclusive to My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire|
The following article includes content exclusive to the game My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire.
|“||Think these contrasting compatriots are on opposite ends of the gene pool? Think again! The Bisonorus is, in fact, two bonded Monsters of the same species but different castes. At birth, the pampered Emperor Bisonorus perches atop the rounded dome of an eager-to-please Standard Bisonorus, where it will spend the rest of its days. Despite this inherited hierarchy, the Emperor Bisonorus prefers giving head scratches to giving orders.||”|
|“||Strengthening the ties of their kinship with age, the Emperor and Standard Bisonorus now prefer to make decisions by committee - even if it’s a committee of two! All choices are subject to a vote, from their lunch menu to their weekend plans. In the event of a deadlock, the Bisonorus simply plays a high-stakes game of Earth-Paper-Scissors. Interestingly, the Emperor's luck never seems to run out...||”|
|“||This Bisonorus returned from the Prism Gate forever changed! In addition to some adaptions for paddling through murky subterranean pools, the molecular alteration also body-swapped the consciousness of the Standard and Emperor Bisonorus, undoubtedly leading to hijinks the likes of which have never been seen before - extraordinary!||”|
The Bisonorus is a quad-element fire hybrid in My Singing Monsters Dawn of Fire. It was announced on My Singing Monsters Live episode 35. There was a nickname contest for it and the 10 winners were announced on episode 36 of My Singing Monsters Live.
As a baby, the Standard Bisonorus is purple with green eyes, downward horns, small nose, and ribbed stomach giving it a dragon look. The Emperor Bisonorus is much smaller than the Standard Bisonorus and perches atop it, and is orange with one green eye, two arms, small horns, and a bushy tail.
As an adult, the body of the Standard Bisonorus appears to be much fatter, it has two teeth and the Emperor Bisonorus has longer horns and a longer brush on its tail.
Prismatic Bisonoruses heavily resemble fish with the emperor Bisonorus resembling a guppy type of fish and the standard Bisonorus resembling a hammerhead shark.
- Red Prismatic Standard Bisonoruses have deep eye sockets with a small yellow eye inside, not completely filling the socket. It also has a yellow beta type tail fin. The Emperor on the other hand has two fins on the top of it's head with two eyes on the side of it's head level with the mouth. It's tail is long and has a fin on the top and bottom of it.
- Orange Prismatic Standard Bisonoruses have purple eyes deep inside of the socket. The tail has two fins on either side of it. The Emperor has two eyes on the side of it's head above the mouth and one tall fin on the top of the head. It's tail is similar to the Standard although it's much more triangular.
- Yellow Prismatic Standard Bisnoruses have blue eyes that completely fill the socket and a short stubby shark like tail. The Emperor has a singular eye at the end of a stalk with said stalk located on the top of it's head. It's tail is long and has a wavy fin going along the entire side of it.
- Green Prismatic Standard Bisonoruses have a single glowing yellow orb floating in the eye socket. It's tail is shark like but more developed unlike the Yellow one's tail. The Emperor has a single long rectangular eye and four antenna acting as it's fin.
- Blue: ...
- Purple: ...
Voice actors: Unknown (wishes to remain anonymous; per Monster-handler Matt in BBB ExtraLife 2020 stream)
The Standard Bisonorus has a deep/whispery voice, it sings "Dum, dum, dum, diddly dum!", while the Emperor Bisonorus echoes the sound. On Cave Island, it sings in a more elder-like voice.
The Bisonorus can be bred by using the elements Air, Plant, Water, and Fire. The possible combinations are:
- + Barrb and Toe Jammer
- + Whaddle and Potbelly
- + Rootitoot and Tweedle
- + Dandidoo and Phangler
- + Quibble and Flowah
- + Glowl and Oaktopus
- + Spunge and Kayna
Bisonorus can be teleported to Cave Island when fed to level 20 for a reward of 7 at a cost of 15,000. Teleport time for Bisonorus is 40 hours.
During limited time events when Prism Gate is open and Bisonorus is available for transformation on Outer Islands, an adult Bisonorus can be transformed into one of six different colored variants.
The Bisonorus' name comes from Bi, meaning 2, Sonus, the Latin word for sound, and Cernos, Greek for horn. It also might be a reference to the rhinoceros.
There is a slight connection with the real-world animal the bison, in the tufted tail. The eggs have some resemblance to the head of a bison, with shaggy hair between two curved horns, but that doesn't carry through to the young or adult Bisonorus.
- Bisonorus was announced in My Singing Monsters Live #35 on July 5th, 2019, together with a naming competition for its default names.
- The following weeks episode of My Singing Monsters Live announced the winners of the naming contest. It also revealed an image of the Bisonorous' egg.
- The adult bio implies that the Emperor cheats at Earth-Paper-Scissors.
- The monster shows the Emperor Bisonorus (Orange) smaller than the Standard Bisonorus (Purple), and the egg shows the Emperor Bisonorus larger than the Standard Bisonorus.
- The codename for Bisonorus depends on what part of the files you are in. In the sprites, it is Dum_Dilly, in sounds, it is referred to as Dumdiddly, and in animations, it is called Twoheads. The former two are references to its sound, with the latter being a reference to its design.
- The Bisonorus was originally supposed to be released alongside Congle with a largely different design (it was bird-like and the colors were different), however, it was decided at the last minute that the design needed some tweaks and it was sent back to the drawing board. It was, in fact, so far into development at the time that it was teased on a loading screen for the game; you can see a few orange feathers sticking out from above a mountain. Players incorrectly guessed that these feathers were actually the eyes of the Congle. The original Bisonorus was known as Doose.
- The Standard Bisonorus are a lot more chatty than the Emperor, typically asking questions and making suggestions. The Emperor don't typically talk as much but when they do, they are very straight to the point and typically reply with a "yes" or a "no." This explains why the Emperor Bisonorus doesn't sing that much. (MSM Live #039 concept art.)
- There is currently a bug where the top of the Standard Prismatic Bisonoruses' mouths are grey.
- There is also another bug where the Standard Blue Prismatic Bisonorus's eyelids turn upside-down during its singing and sleeping animation.
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|