|“||Indigenous to the aquaslime pools of Ethereal Island, this blubberous beast always wants to be smack dab in the middle of the action. So that they never miss out on that action, Bellowfish cooperate to create each other's crystal-powered mechanized suits, which let them leave the water and join in the musical menagerie. That said, they're not particularly known for their punctuality; if there's a latecomer to a monster party, it's safe to assume a Bellowfish is the one who knocks.||”|
|— My Singing Monsters description|
The Bellowfish is a green monster with a large head and light blue fins on it. It wears a large brown barrel-like armor with connected red wires and a glass center containing a green crystal that floats around while it moves its body. It has human-like legs with scales and webbed feet, and its arms are orange, mechanical, and make an accordion sound.
When this monster is idle, it stays in tempo by walking side to side like a crab standing upright while dangling its accordion-like arms.
The Bellowfish Monster's contribution to an Island's song is an accordion sound that is produced by moving its arms.
The Bellowfish can be bred using a combination of two pure element Ethereal Monsters. Possible combination(s):
Earning rate is in shards per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the shards earned per hour, as well as the maximum shards earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Bellowfish:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Bellowfish is used in the following breeding combinations:|
To see how efficient Bellowfish is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- Its name is a reference to the bellows of an accordion, and fish, an underwater animal.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Bellowfish, see Monster Names.
- The Bellowfish was added on April 24th, 2014.
- The "latecomer" line in the monster's description may be a reference to the fact that it was one of the later two-element Ethereal monsters to be added. It was the sixth two-element Ethereal (after the Kazilleon, and before the Dragong), completing the set comprised of the first four Ethereal elements (Plasma, Shadow, Mech, and Crystal). Therefore, the Bellowfish could have been added before the Humbug and the Poison element were available, but it wasn't, and therefore it might be considered "late."
- When muted, the Bellowfish tucks its arms in, probably to prevent its arms from accidentally producing a sound.
- The "coming soon" image is a clear reference to the Breaking Bad logo. Also, "Crystal Mech" sounds similar to a specific drug...
- The line in its description about Bellowfish "being the one who knocks" is a reference to a famous line from Breaking Bad. In addition, all of Bellowfish's default names are misspellings of various characters from Breaking Bad.
- This, Phangler, and Pummel are the only monsters based on fish.
- Bellowfish, as well as Jellbilly, were teased in a Facebook banner of Water Island. Other two element Ethereals were teased in this manner.
- Strangely, the Bellowfish's accordion sound seems to be coming out of its mouth.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Rare Quad Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element