|“||Banjaw's principle tendon is 37 times stretchier than a Stritch Skin, 42 times tougher than a Diamond, and 100 times twangier than, well - anything! Pulling back this durable tendon allows this skeletal character to slingshot anything (or any Monster) great distances. Just beware that you don't get too close to that mighty ring of chompers on your way.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Banjaw is a triple-element Magical Monster exclusive to Bone Island. It was added on April 8th, 2020 during Version 2.3.9. It is best obtained by breeding Hawlo and Toe Jammer. By default, its breeding time is 16 hours long. As a Triple Elemental, Banjaw has a somewhat decent coin production.
VST: EastWest Goliath
Banjaw makes a banjo-like sound by plucking its "neck".
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Banjaw:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Banjaw is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Banjaw can be used to "dispose of" Banjaw eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Banjaw; active ones do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Monsters to which you have already disposed the number of Banjaw eggs that it accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Banjaw, see Monster Names.
- Its names have some references to tendons and other connective tissue:
- Akilleez - The Achilles tendon
- Jamstring - Hamstring, a tendon in the upper leg
- Kartoolage - Cartilage
- Ligamenta - Ligaments
- Membrayn - Membrane
- Sinyoo - Sinew
- Banjaw's name is a portmanteau of "Banjo" and "Jaw".
- The Banjaw's bodily structure looks similar to the Quad-elemental of Faerie Island, Pladdie.
- Banjaw is the first monster containing the Water Element or the Fire Element with a size of 1 x 1.
- Banjaw is the third Triple Element Monster to take up a 1 x 1 space. The first is Clamble and the second is Cantorell.
- Its concept art had 1 arm instead of two
- Before Eggs-Travanganza 2021, the Toe Jammer liked Banjaw. Now the Epic Toe Jammer likes Banjaw.
- In it's description, the part of Banjaw that is plucked is refered to as a tendon, despite the fact that it connects a bone to another bone. The correct term for it would actually be a ligament, as tendons connect muscles to bones.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element